To be eligible for the PIONEER or EARLY SETTLER CERTIFICATE:
- Complete the form below.
- Submit a copy/scan of two or more of the following proofs of eligibility (please do not send originals as they cannot be returned) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off or mail copies to: Jackson County Genealogy Library, C/O Pioneer Certificate Coordinator, 3405 S Pacific Hwy, Medford, OR 97504.
- Remit $10.00 for each certificate requested. Payment can be made online after completing the form below or submit a check payable to RVGS.
- Include an Ancestor Chart showing descendant’s relationship to ancestor.
Proof of Eligibility
- A Federal Census of Oregon showing your ancestor.
- School Records, school census, report.
- Donation Land Claim or land ownership, plat maps, deeds.
- Church membership, baptisms, or confirmation.
- Declaration of Intent for Citizenship.
- Marriage license certificate showing an Oregon location.
- Bible record showing Oregon birth, marriage, or death.
- Newspaper obituary or article showing Oregon residence.
- Will, estate or probate records.
- Oregon State or county history or biographies; give sources.
- Picture of dated inscription on gravestone; give state and county location.
- Other profs: letter, Bible records, diary entries.