Rogue Valley Genealogical Society
Board Meeting Minutes
December 5, 2022]
CALL TO ORDER
The regular RVGS Board meeting was called to order by President Kim Thurman at 9:32 a.m.; a quorum was declared. Those present were: Kim Thurman, Katie Haugse, Loretta Barker. Marijo Medcraft, Lynne Hunter, Jim Seagraves, Pat Jenkins, Barbara Halvorsen, Margaret Clark-Mayfield, Anne Billeter, and Rich Miles. Guest present was Ann Baracker. Kim welcomed Jim Seagraves to his first Board meeting as Financial Director.
REVIEW OF MINUTES/CORRESPONDENCE
Motion 2022-48. Katie Haugse moved that we approve the November 8, 2022, Board minutes as presented. Marijo Medcraft seconded. Motion carried.
There was no correspondence.
Treasurer Marijo Medcraft submitted the Treasurer’s Reports for the period ending November 30, 2022.
General Income $ 1,943.00
Program Income 640.25
Total Income 2,583.25
General Expenses 4,019.48
Program Expenses 2,000.85
Total Expenses 6,020.43
Rewards Income 84.88
Net Income $ -3,352.30
Treasurer Marijo Medcraft stated that we netted $1,585 from annual dues and new memberships. The annual fund drive brought in $333 in small donations, plus a $25 direct support donation directed to collection development. Cramer & Associates billed $1875 for the months of May-October plus $375 for November. They also submitted a $1,300 bill for they tax work they just completed. The $907.69 spent for collection development was to purchase books from a company going out of business. $791.25 was paid to Project A for technology support
Motion 2022-49. Rich Miles moved that we approve the November 30, 2022, Treasurer’s Report as submitted. Lynne Hunter seconded. Motion carried.
Kim Thurman presented the need to set up a fund and/or policy for members who are having a difficult time paying their membership dues. It was agreed by the Board that they would look into setting up such a procedure after the first of the year.
Volunteer Luncheon review. Ann Baraker reviewed the suggested schedule for the Volunteer Luncheon with Board members. It is believed that all is under control. It will be exciting to have an “in-person” luncheon with our volunteers once again.
COVID County risk level. Lynne Hunter has been following the Jackson County COVID levels for the Board. It was agreed that since our levels have remained at the low/medium levels, we would not require masks of anyone at this time. Headcount restrictions for in-library gatherings that were previously imposed by the Board are also lifted at this time. This is always subject to review, and subject to a possible CDC-dictated decision to limit public exposure in the future.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for class collaboration. Pat Jenkins reported that a few Societies have signed this and is expecting more signed copies to come in very shortly. Kim will be conducting Zoom training for the OrCal members on January 12. The first OrCal sponsored class will be held on January 19.
- President—No report.
- Vice President—No report.
- Trustee—Report submitted.
- Past President—No report.
- Finance—Since Jim has just come on board, he had no report other than to say he needed to learn the “lingo” of RVGS. We agreed to try to make things clearer for him.
- Volunteer—vacant. Volunteer hours as reported by Rene Forncrook are: Total November 752 hours—; Board member hours—243.5 number of volunteers--74; Total hours for 2022—8,356. Rene continues to report that some people have not reported their hours.
- Library—Report submitted.
- Education—Report submitted.
- Membership—Report not submitted prior to meeting. Margaret passed out copies of her report to Board members.
- Technology—Report submitted.
C. Committee Reports
- Public Relations—No report
- Maintenance—Lynn Taylor reported that the door knob for the outside door near the kitchen is broken and not repairable; light in front Society office needs to have an electrician look at it; and he would like to request battery powered lights for the back patio.
- NGS Delegate—Katie Haugse. No report. Looking for someone to replace Katie.
eNews—Deadline is the 20th of the month.
The Rogue Digger—Suspended until a new Editor can be found.
- The next Board Meeting is scheduled for January 9, 2023, at 9:30 a.m., at the library.
- Program & Member Meeting is the Volunteer Luncheon on December 10, at noon, at the library.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:43 p.m.
Loretta Barker, Secretary