Have old photos that are damaged and need some TLC? The Jackson County Genealogy Library offers photo restoration services for your valuable photo treasures. See the before and after examples below, click on the thumbnail to view a larger photo.
Because our library is closed due to the coronavirus, we have developed an online method for you to submit your photos for restoration.
To submit your photo for restoration, just follow these steps.
- Scan your photo in .jpg format at 600 dpi (dots per inch). If you don't have a scanner, stores such as Staples, Office Depot, and FedEx/Kinkos all offer scanning services. If you have a "smart phone" you can also use a scanning app like Google's Photo Scan. Do NOT just take a picture of your photo as the resolution quality will not be high enough to produce a good restoration.
- Email your scanned photo to Mary Tsui at TsuiMary@outlook.com.
- Click here and fill out the online form with instructions for Mary. This must be done before Mary can begin work on your photo. The form will open in a new window so you can return here if necessary for the remainder of the instructions.
- Once Mary has completed your photo restoration, she will email you with the total cost at $15/hour. A minimum of one hour will be charged. Go to our Donate page on this website, either at the bottom of the homepage, or from the Support Us menu. Submit the payment through PayPal being sure to comment in the note section that the "donation" is for photo restoration work.
- Once payment is received, Mary will email your finished photo to you.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email Mary at the link above.