Membership provides a meaningful way to give back to the Society and to ensure the future growth and excellence of the Library's collection, research facilities and website content. Membership fees help fund a variety of the Society's historical records collections and preservation projects. Life memberships contribute substantially to the Endowment Fund which ensures the future financial strength of RVGS.
Interested persons of any age are eligible and welcome to join. Member privileges include:
While the library is closed, members have access to all six of our library website subscriptions from home!
- Use of the library without a fee, including check-out privileges (circulating books only)
- High-speed internet service (at the library)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Reduced fees for classes
- Email address included in the distribution list for receipt of the monthly newsletter, eNews, and the quarterly genealogical publication, The Rogue Digger
- Free Beginner's Genealogy class
- Free Library Resource class
- Free in-library access to subscription sites such as Ancestry, American Ancestors, FindMyPast, Fold3, MyHeritage, and others
- Voting rights at society meetings
- Coming soon, access to Members Only web site content
RVGS currently offers three types of individual paid membership categories, as follows:
- Annual Membership includes all privileges listed above. The fee is $30 for each individual and $15 for each additional person in the same household. The membership expires one year from the month of joining.
- Life Membership includes all privileges listed above as well as special recognition in Society publications and on a special plaque in the Jackson County Genealogy Library. The fee is $500 for each individual. The membership expires at the death of the donor and cannot be transferred.
- Life Benefactor Membership includes all of the privileges of a Life Membership as well as voting rights as a Life Trustee on the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society Board of Directors if in attendance at a Board meeting. The fee is $5,000 for each individual. The membership expires at the death of the donor and cannot be transferred.