|Rogue Valley Genealogical Society Library|
The Rogue Valley Genealogical Society operates a library which houses the largest collection of genealogical books and resources in Southern Oregon. Over 23,000 volumes cover all states. The library is especially rich in Jackson County and Oregon resources. We continue to add new volumes to our library collection, click here to see our latest acquisitions
In addition to books of genealogical interest, RVGS also has the following:
Click here for the most recent library collection report
- Family histories
- Atlases and maps
- DAR Lineage books
- The Mayflower Descendant and all Mayflower Family Books
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- American State Papers
- Great Register of California 1890
- CD-Rom Collection
- Microfilm and microfiche readers and printers
- Historical quilt collection donated by Jacksonville Museum Quilters Guild.
- Patron computers with high-speed internet connection with access to a variety of genealogy subscription sites such as Ancestry and Find My Past.
- The RVGS library is a FamilySearch Affiliate Library, which means there are many records on FamilySearch that cannot be viewed unless you are in an affiliate library.
RVGS members have free access to all resources in the library. Students conducting genealogy research may use the library at no charge. Non-members may use the library for $5.00 per day. Day use includes access to the library materials, use of our subscription websites, WiFi access, and access to records at the FamilySearch Library (Salt Lake City) that are only available at affiliate libraries.
to learn more about becoming a member of the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society.