Program & Member Meeting
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
RVGS Program & Member Meeting Agenda
April 20, 2021 - Via Zoom
I. Call to order, establish quorum - Kim Thurman
II. Approve Minutes of March 16, 2021 Member Meeting - Loretta Barker
III. Report of the Treasurer – Kim Thurman for Barbara Shrewsberry
IV. Member Sharing - Members
V. Board Action, Directors Summary Reports, and Announcements - See below
VI. Future Events - See below
VII. Introduction of Public Program – Andrea Patterson
VIII. RVGS Program: “Mistaken Roots: A Genealogical Cautionary Tale” by Deb Root Shell
Directors’ Summary Reports
1. Education Committee: Barbara Halverson & Pat Jenkins – Please be sure to register for the Diana Elder seminar on April 24th!
2. Finance: Stephen Kazar – Currently managing updates to the RVGS Strategic Plan.
3. Membership: Margaret Clark-Mayfield – Report pending
4. Technology & Data Management: Rich Miles – All subscription websites continue to be available online for home use while the library is closed.
5. Library: Anne Billeter – Curbside circulation service for members is continuing while the library is closed. Online book sales are doing well.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, May 10, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. via Zoom. Members welcome.
Next Program & Member Meeting: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. via Zoom. Ben Truwe will discuss his Medford and Southern Oregon history website.
Upcoming Classes and programs: Online pre-registration is required at www.rvgslibrary.org to receive a Zoom link the day before the event.
1. Saturday, Apr 24, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., SEMINAR: “Research Like a Pro” by Diana Elder
2. Monday, Apr 26, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., DNA CLASS SERIES: “GEDmatch” by Lorita Cushman
3. Tuesday, Apr 27, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., HEIRLOOM CLASS: “Ira and Red Clay” by Sue Waldron
4. Thursday, Apr 29, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., CLASS: “Facebook for Genealogy” by Rich Miles
5. Monday, May 10, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., CLASS: “Introduction to Canadian Research and Resources” by Kathy Griffin
6. Thursday, May 13, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., CLASS: “Introduction to Genealogy” by Anne Billeter