Dear Rogue Valley Genealogical Society (RVGS) Members and Supporters:
RVGS organizes one main fundraiser each year, our Annual Fund Drive. This year, the goal is to raise $17,000, officially beginning on June 1, 2021, and closing on December 31, 2021. Your generous contribution to the Annual Fund will allow RVGS to keep our membership dues low and assist in covering operating expenses. Membership dues only cover about one-third of our operating expenses. The remaining expenses are covered by funds raised through our Annual Fund Drive. Any amount you give will help to provide support to RVGS to continue the current level of programming!
- The 2021 Fund Drive will provide financial assistance for the following Initiatives:
- Developing special seminars
- Hosting guest speakers
- Increasing library resources
- Continuing online home page development and expansion of electronic resources
- Adjusting the library to the new “normal’ by implementing new use procedures and expansion of online resources
Thank you for making 2020 another successful year! Our membership is just around 710 members with over 12,000 volunteer hours recorded. Additionally, thanks to generous donations to the Annual Fund Drive, we surpassed the goal set by the Board. With 2020 Annual Fund Campaign dollars, we were able to shift to virtual classes while the library was closed, as well as expand our subscription website offerings and meet our operational expenses during a difficult year.
Our new website continues to be extremely beneficial for the Society, as the COVID-19 virus required us to temporarily close our doors to our members and the public. With the aid of new technology, we have been able to offer our members access to vital library subscription websites to facilitate family research from home. The addition of offering virtual Zoom courses and seminars has allowed RVGS to extend our reach, adding new members outside of our state and country! As we move forward with plans to safely reopen our library, continuing to develop online education for our members unable to join us in person will remain a focus.
Your generous and faithful participation in our Society is vital. Contributions can be made in three ways.
- Donate online by going to the Support Us menu above and selecting Annual Fund Drive. If you would like to make monthly donations as a part of the Monthly Givers Club, just click the box for “Make this a monthly donation.”2.
- Return the donation slip attached to the letter you received with your check in the envelope provided.3.
- Drop off a donation at the library at 3405 S. Pacific Hwy, Medford (once we have reopened).
On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you so very much for your donation!